The park is situated on the site of the former Emory City, a town built to serve the miners who came in 1858 seeking their fortunes in Fraser River
gold. When Emory's Bar proved less than the El Dorado, the town was largely abandoned. It rose and in several fits of activity. In the 1930's, placer mining was taught here at a government relief camp. It is now a tranquil, wooded site with riverside trails for the casual stroller and the opportunity to sit by the mighty Fraser with the ghosts of Emory City.
This is just one of hundreds of British Columbia Provincial Parks.