Established in 1956, this is a public institution offering programs in the liberal arts and sciences. There are 3 undergraduate and 5 graduate schools. The 72 acre campus is in an urban area 60 miles northwest of Detroit, 50 miles east of Lansing, and 55 miles north of Ann Arbor. There are 9 buildings.
Fraternities, sororities and over 50 clubs and organizations are on campus. Campus tours are available.