Located four blocks west of the Plaza at Agua Fria and Guadalupe Sts., is the nation's oldest shrine dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe. A 1783 oil-on-canvas reredos of Guadalupe by Mexican baroque artist Jos'e de Alqibar graces the altar. Also included are the meditation chapel with religious woodcarvings, a pictorial history room and the Plants of the Holy land botanical garden. An 18th-century mission is at the end of El Camino Real.
Guided tours are available, and admission is free.