The Seaside Museum re-opened its doors on May 6, 1999, following a complete remodeling of the interior. The new displays allow you to take a journey through time, starting 2000 years ago and proceeding up to the present. The journey starts with artifacts from archaeological digs and continues to the Clatsop Native Americans
history, the Lewis and Clark Expedition
Salt Works, early pioneers, Seaside hotels from the late 1800's, businesses through the years, recreation in the "good old days," railroad history in the area, newspaper publishing, schools and fire fighting.
Included in visit to the museum is a walk through historic Butterfield Cottage, which is an interpretive display depicting a beach cottage of the 1912 era. The Cottage was constructed in 1893 and was moved to the museum grounds to save it from demolition. The Butterfield Cottage is the only remaining cottage from the Grimes Grove area.
The beautiful grounds are maintained year-round by volunteers of the Sou'Wester Garden Club. Please leave yourself enough time to stroll through the gardens.
The Museum is open for visitors 7 days a week.