An interesting collection of firefighting equipment from 1877 to 1963 from the original Fire Station. There are hand-pulled, horse-drawn, and motorized fire engines and vivid photographic displays of some of Astoria's most spectacular fires.
The historic 1896 building was designed by the famous Portland architect Emil Schacht and originally was part of the popular North Pacific Brewery until it was closed due to the Prohibition. In 1928 the City of Astoria rebuilt the building as the Uppertown Fire Station #2 and it served that purpose until 1960 when it was retired. The City donated the building and much of the classic equipment on display to the Clatsop County Historical Society in 1989.