The building dates from 1820 built by artist Charles Norris on land given to him by the Burgesses of Tenby in recognition of his services to the Town. Following his death in 1858 Waterwynch eventually became the residence in 1920 of Lord and Lady Risdale into whose family Stanley Baldwin was married and who spent many holidays here. Converted by the present owners, Bette and Geoff Hampton during the 1980's into a small luxurious hotel it retains its original charm. The aim is to make guests feel "home from home" with their friendly informal approach. There are sixteen individually designed and tastefully decorated en-suite bedrooms each complete with tea and coffee making facilities, T.V. (inc. Sky) and direct dial telephone. Nine are sea view suites some with balcony and lounge.