Sheldon Jackson College is a private, four-year liberal arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church, located on Baranof Island in Sitka
, Alaska. The college is operated by an independent board of trustees and remains in historical covenant to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
The College is the oldest educational institution in continuous existence in the State of Alaska. It had its beginning in 1878 when Presbyterian missionaries John G. Brady (later Governor of Alaska) and Fannie Kellogg opened the upper floor of an old military barracks as a training school for Tlingit Indians.
Academic programs include Elementary and Secondary Education, Environmental Science, Business Administration, Human Services, Outdoor Leadership, Liberal Arts, and Individualized Studies.
Located in Sitka Borough, the campus community serves approximately 250 full and part time students. Student housing is available.