White Hall is located in Jefferson County, about 35 minutes south of Little Rock and 10 minutes north of Pine Bluff, just off of Interstate 530.
The name "White Hall" comes from the early Methodist Church building, a frame structure located near the present site of the White Hall United Methodist Church (located on Church Avenue). The community of White Hall grew around Crenshaw Springs, which is located near The Dollarway Road (Highway 365), adjacent to the parking lot at White Hall Plaza. The community was started in the late 1800's and early 1900's. The city was incorporated in 1964.
A major contributor to the growth of White Hall has been its proximity to six major employment centers: The Pine Bluff Arsenal, the National Center for Toxicological Research, Entergy's White Bluff Steam Generating Plant, Jefferson Industrial Park and the White Hall School District.
The White Hall Museum is a popular attraction.