The Bellevue Hotel, constructed in the late 18th century, stands where the Castle of the Dukes of Brabant stood from the 11th century until 1731, when it was destroyed by fire. The ruins of the ancient palace have recently been excavated, and now comprise a set of caves, halls and vaulted chambers that may be toured. This exhibit comprises one of three museums housed at Bellevue, the Ruins of the Palace of Charles V. The other two museums are the Museum of the Belgian Dynasty an the King Baudouin Memorial.
The Bellevue Hotel still hosts large group gatherings, press conferences, and the like, but since its transformation into a museum in 1978 it is no longer available for residential stays.
Phone: +32 / 02 545 08 00
Fax: +32 / 02 502 46 23