Jos Eusebio Boronda built the Boronda Adobe between 1844 and 1848 in the grasslands of the lower Salinas Valley. Twenty years later, Salinas
City was founded, and in the 130 years since then the town has grown and spread to within a few hundred yards of the Adobe.
The adobe has wood shingles that were used to restore the adobe which are a departure from the traditional red-clay tiles. In addition, the Old Lagunita School House, built in 1897, is at the same site. Both are open to the public. The Salinas Historical Society gives tours.