The Twitchell Building, circa 1890, is an intact example of late nineteenth century commercial architecture. Relatively unadorned, the structure is distinguished by segmental arch bays accented by radiating voussoirs and stone sills. At the storefront level, a lintel separates the upper floor from the display area which features Sarge display windows separated by iron posts, wooden kick plates and a recessed corner entrance. The transom window over the latter entrance has been covered. N. B. Twitchell, the "pioneer real estate man of Salida," built this structure, which is included in the Salida Walking Tour. The building is currently occupied by several commercial businesses.