Online Highways Home > Connecticut > Cheshire

Chester/Hadlyme Ferry

In 1769, Jonathan Warner started Warners Ferry in Cheshire, operating between pieces of land he owned on opposite sides of the Connecticut River. Long poles pushed the ferry back and forth until 1879, when a steam-powered barge took over.

In 1949 the Selden III Ferry, operated by the Connecticut Department of Transportation, began crossing the Connecticut River carrying 8 or 9 cars per trip.

Location: 54 Ferry Road (Route 148), Cheshire Connecticut 06410 Telephone 860-443-3856

Other Transportation nearby:
(Haddam)
American Cruise Lines
(Bridgeport)
Bridgeport to Port Jefferson, NY Ferry
(Haddam)
Camelot Cruises
(New Milford)
Candlelight Farms Airport
(New Milford)
Candlelight Heliport
(Cheshire)
Chester/Hadlyme Ferry