Blowing Cave is located in the Blowing Cave Georgia Militia District, in northwest Grady County, Georgia. It is about two miles west of the Hawthorne Trail, Ga. Hwy. 112 and about 8 to 9 miles northwest of Cairo, the county seat. It is just west of Mizpah Baptist Church, which is located just west of Hawthorne Trail near the Grady County-Mitchell County boundary. Historic Blowing Cave has been a natural attraction in South Georgia since the area was first settled in the 1820's.
The cave has silted up over the decades and can no longer be entered as a result. By the mid-1960's, the entrance had been closed off to less than about two square feet of space by this siltation.