Two and a half miles E via Main St and Warm Springs Rd was used 1872-1973. Such fearome characters as Lady Bluebeard and Diamondfield Jack once paced the cells. The grounds and a rose garden the maintained as they were the inmates in the early 1900s. Additions to the original building were constructed by the prisoners with sandstone they quarried and cut.
It is open daily noon to 5 Memorial day weekend-Labor Day and noon to 4 the rest of the year. Closed state holidays. Admission is $4; over 60 and 6-12 is $3.
A recorded information line can be reached at 208-368-6080.