Contact
Online Highways Home > Illinois > Galesburg

Browning Mansion

Although the house was built in 1858 as an Italianate-style square home, Mr. William Browning, a leading Galesburg merchant, purchased the house in 1886 and then "Victorianized" it with the addition of bays, dormers and gingerbread. Around 1905, he added the dining room and kitchen. The Galesburg Historical Society acquired the house in 1975 and began restoration.

Located in western Illinois in Knox County.

Location: 325 N. Kellogg St., Galesburg Illinois 61401 Telephone 309-344-2839

Other History nearby:
(Peoria)
300 Block of Main St.
(Peoria)
African-American Museum Hall of Fame
(Bishop Hill)
Bishop Hill State Historic Site
(Galesburg)
Browning Mansion
(Galesburg)
Carl Sandburg Historic Site
(Galesburg)
Galesburg Central Congregational Church

privacy policy