Built in 1875 near the Kansas Flint Hills. Originaly offering bed & board to travelers on the Southwest Trail, which joined the Oregon Trail at Topeka, KS and the Santa Fe Trail at Council Grove, KS.
Behind the Inn was one of only two fords over Mission Creek, (American Chief Creek). Beyond the inn are miles of rolling Flint Hills and Kansas prairie.
The old stone country inn, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is less than 100 miles from both Kansas City and Wichita, and within 15 minutes of the Kansas capital city, Topeka.