Located at Freeman Lake Park, the site consists of the two log buildings of the homestead built in 1789 and 1805 by owner Hardin Thomas and his friend Thomas Lincoln, father of Abraham Lincoln
. A skilled carpenter and cabinetmaker, Lincoln built the stairways and mantelpieces and fashioned most of the woodwork in the building. The house is furnished in period. An original reeded mantel was removed in about 1928, which has been subsequently installed in the Lincoln Room of the brick Officer's Club at Fort Knox
Access to a trail, which circles the 120-acre Freeman Lake, is located at the site. Open daily June through mid-August.