In 1862, The Daughters of Charity began St. Agnes Hospital, carrying on their centuries-old mission of service. The first Catholic hospital in Baltimore
, St. Agnes was originally created to provide nursing care for the poor. The facility moved to its present location in 1876 and was reorganized as a full-service hospital in 1906.
Today St. Agnes Health Care is a full-service community teaching hospital with residency programs in a number of medical/surgical specialties.
Key services at St. Agnes HealthCare include: The St. Agnes Cancer Center, The Chest Pain Emergency Center, Cardiovascular Services, Women's Health Services, The Joint Connection, The Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery and Telemedicine and the St. Agnes Emergency Department, which includes Pediatric, Adult and Urgent Care Emergency Centers. St. Agnes also supports off-site facilities such as the Seton Imaging Center.