Roseville is in Macomb County, and in the Southeast Region. This community is located just north of Detroit between St Clair Shores and New Baltimore along Interstate 94 on the banks of the Detroit River near Anchor Bay and Lake St Clair. The population estimate for July 1, 1998 was 51,390, a decrease of 22 since 1990.
Roseville is part of the Detroit, Michigan metro area.
This settlement first started in Wayne County when William C. Rose, a Tavern-keeper, became postmaster in September 1836. In 1843 the community developed fast because of a flooding of Irish and German settlers. Roseville was incorporated as a city in 1957.