Gammelgrden (old small farm) Museum, owned by Elim Lutheran Church, has preserved, presented, and promoted Swedish immigrant heritage and history since its opening in 1972. The 11-acre museum site includes Prast Hus Parsonage built in 1868; Gammel Kyrkan, the first sanctuary of Elim Lutheran Church, built in 1856; Ladugrd (barn); Immigrant Hus; Swedish Stuga; and a gift shop. Open weekends May 20 to mid-October. Special Gammelgrden events include the Kirsten Doll Tour, and the Midsommar Dag (Midsummer Day) and Dala Painting Competition, both in June 2001; Lutfisk Dinner, November 2001; and the Lucia Fest, December 2001. Museum tours are Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, 1-4pm, beginning in May; group tours by arrangement, no charge for elementary school children.