As a subsidiary of St. Dominic Health Services, St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital is a 571-bed not-for-profit acute care hospital owned and operated by the Dominican Sisters of Springfield, Illinois. Located just off Interstate 55 in Jackson
, Mississippi, St. Dominic was established in 1946 when the Dominican Sisters came to Jackson
to assume operation of the Jackson Infirmary. Over the years, St. Dominic's response to the ever-growing health care needs of the people of Mississippi has positioned St. Dominic as one of the leading not-for-profit hospitals in the Southeast.