Land for the station was purchased from a homestead for $100. Granville "Granny" Gordon, cowboy and friend of Teddy Roosevelt, was appointed the first District Ranger in 1907. He arrived with his wife, Pauline and three daughters. Gordon designed the building and finished construction in 1908.
The building was retired in 1970. In 1989, USFS employees, members of the Cabinet Wilderness Historical Society, and volunteers donated hundreds of hours to begin restoration efforts. Plans to continue with preservation include interpretation of this historic site. No smoking in or around the building. Pets on leash.
From Troy, east 3 miles to junction with Highway 56. Turn and travel 30 miles to Road 407, then turn and follow 1.5 miles to Station. From Noxon travel west 5.5 miles to junction with Highway 56, turn north 8 miles to Road 407, then turn right and follow 1.5 miles to station.