Built in 1895 as the home of C. E. Conrad, a Montana pioneer, Missouri River
trader, freighter and founder of the city of Kalispell
, this mansion has been restored to Victorian elegance and is open to the public. A fee is charged and the hours depend on the season.
The building itself remains unchanged since Spokane architect Kirtland Cutter designed and built the house. Ownership and occupation of the beautiful Norman-style mansion remained in the Conrad family until 1975, when it was given to the city of Kalispell by the youngest of the Conrad children, Alicia Conrad Campbell. It is to be maintained by the city in perpetuity as an historic site.
The Conrad Mansion Gift Shop, featuring beautiful Victorian reproductions and many original, hand-made items, is open while the house is open for tours.
Call for hours.