Located on the southeastern edge of the town of Ft. Totten, this site preserves the best example of a frontier military post in the Trans-Mississippi West. It was built in 1867 and used continuously as a military reservation until 1890 when it became a boarding school for Indian children.
The brick buildings, which replaced an earlier log fort, appear much as they did when built of locally made brick. The site features seventeen original buildings, exhibits, video and the Pioneer Daughters' Museum.
The site is open from May 16 through September 15, daily. Modern facilities. Site admission fee.