Hebron is located in Thayer County (of which it is the county seat), between Alexandria and Chester near the Little Blue River, Oregon California Trail and the Kansas State line. The population estimate for July 1, 1998 was 1,641, a decrease of 124 since 1990.
Hebron was settled in 1869 by Edric J. Huse and Amos Duffield.
The "Premium Mills" of Hebron is situated in the west portion of the town. It is a substantial three-story stone building, with the foundation resting on bed rock. It was built in 1873, by H. L. Wetherald.
Today, Hebron has made more progress than any town in South Nebraska, considering that it has been deprived of railroad privileges. In business Hebron is ahead of the six railroad towns in the county, some of which are not quite as old, and in education she ranks among the first in the State.
Agriculture in the county is based on general livestock farming and cash grain farming.