Old Town is the site of the city's original settlement, founded in 1706 and named in honor of the Duke of Albuquerque
. Old Town is a visible record of Albuquerque's evolution from small village to big city. The shops and galleries surrounding Old Town Plaza offer arts, crafts and edible delicacies. American Indians and artisans also vend their handicrafts around the plaza, bargining is in order. The 1706 San Felipe de Neri Church, on the northwest corner of the plaza, is a mix of Victotrianand basic adobe architecture. An information booth across the street provides free maps of Old Town. Free guided 1 hour walking tours offered.