The mission was built by the Spanish in 1629 and it was destroyed twice; once in the Pueblo Revolt of 1680 and again in mid-17th century. It was rebuilt to its current state in 1969. Murals depicting Zuni culture can be seen inside.
Other History nearby:
(Zuni) A:shiwi A:wan Museum & Heritage Center
(Thoreau) Casamero Pueblo
(Window Rock) Navajo Nation Council Chambers
(Window Rock) Navajo Nation Museum
(Window Rock) Navajo Nation Veterans Memorial
(Zuni) Our Lady of Guadalupe Mission