Founded in 1983 to commemorate the Great Fire of 1922, the Haileybury Heritage Museum (formerly the Haileybury Fire Museum) offers a wide range of written articles and artifacts of its historical background. The heritage and history of Haileybury co mes alive through the extensive photograph collection and artifact display. Haileybury's recorded history dated from 1889 when it's founder Charles Cobbold Farr began his settlement. One of the main attractions of the museum is a completely restored streetcar that was part of the relief package sent North following the Great Fire of 1922. Along with medicine, food, clothing, and building supplies, 87 streetcars were sent from Toronto to be used as relief housing for those who had lost their homes in the fire.