This church, built in 1860, has an altar cloth of beaded moose hide, prayer books written in Cree, and removable floor plugs to prevent the church floating away in floods.
In 1840, three Wesleyan Methodist Missionaries were sent from England, to Moose Factory, to bring the Gospel to the Indians of the region. Reverend George Barnley, one of the three missionaries, made the fort at Moose Factory the centre of his eight year ministry, where he built St. Thomas Church (later St. Thomas Anglican Church). When this mission was closed by the Methodists in 1848, it was vacant for several years before the Church Missionary Society of the Church of England sent Reverend John Horden to Moose Factory in 1851. He later became the first Bishop of the diocese of Moosonee in 1872. He died in Moosonee in 1893.