The mission of the Benton County Historical Museum is to collect, preserve, research, interpret, exhibit, and publish materials relating to the history and cultural resources of Benton County, Oregon. The museum provides educational activities, museum services, and cultural resource management services in order to encourage an understanding of the history and culture of the area.
The Benton County Historical Museum in Philomath, Oregon, is housed in the former Philomath College Building. The central part of the building was completed in 1867. The left wing was added in 1905 and the right wing in 1907. Philomath College closed in 1927. The museum opened in 1980.
The current exhibit now showing at the Museum is about Camp Adair which was located along Highway 99. The Camp was constructed on almost 65,000 acres, much of which was bought or taken over from private ownership for the duration of WWII.
Other exhibits include an art gallery, a period 'Newsroom' and kitchen.
The Benton County Historical Museum has a variety of offerings including toys, books, and other items.
Their website includes a link to the Spanish version.