Located 6 miles west of Salem
on Hwy 22. The Brunk House was built in 1861 and is representative of farm houses of that era. The building is restored and contains those items common to such homes before 1900. Tools and farming equipment of that period are also on display.
The grounds include an old-fashioned vegetable garden, herb garden, rose garden, flower gardens, grapevines and apple trees. Other buildings include the guest house which has served as an office building for the Polk County Historical Society, a display privy, a garden shed, and a woodshed which also served to display small tools.
New buildings, which have been carefully designed to blend with the original structures, include a public restroom, a machine shed to protect the large equipment and a blacksmith shop.