Depot Museum is the oldest station standing today from what was the Oregon & California Railroad. Canby Historical Society operates the Canby Depot Museum. Southern Pacific, it's owner since 1887, donated the building to the community. It is in view of Pacific Highway 99E
and the main Portland
railroads freight and the Amtrak lines.
The sturdy, carefully restored station began new life October 6, 1984, as Canby Depot Museum. The building is a reminder of the vision of the 1870 railroad promoters and of the railroads role in the first century of the Canby area's development. The museums contents afford a glimpse of 19th century life in this community.
Canby Historical Society is a non-profit corporation, formed in 1968, with membership open to all. It supports the Museum and educational research programs. Donations are gratefully accepted.