Originally the site of a Calapooya Indian village, this marks the site of the establishment of the first American provisional government in the Pacific Northwest in 1843. Located of Highway 99W
, 7 miles east of Newberg
on the south bank of the Willamette River, park facilities include 6 yurts, 6 cabins, 12 full hookups, 67 electrical campsites, 6 walk-in tent sites, a hiker/biker camp, a group RV area, picnic and meeting areas, and restroom, shower, and waste facilities.
Besides the visitor center, attractions at Champoeg include the Newell House, a log cabin museum, amphiteater, ten miles of trails, fishing, and wildlife viewing.
Max RV, 50 feet.