Rainier is located north of Portland, between Prescott and Clatskanie along US Highway 30.
The town of Rainier was founded by Charles E. Fox, who settled there in 1851, and was the first postmaster. Situated in Columbia County, this historic mill town was named for Mount Rainier, visible to the northeast. It was an important river town in its early days. Rainier is also the southern anchor of the Lewis and Clark Bridge, the only bridge over the Columbia River between Portland and Astoria. This bridge allows Northwest Oregon residents immediate access to Interstate 5 and all points north, such as Longview, WA.
Shuttle service to Portland International Airport provided by Bay Shuttle.
Popular amenities for the Rainier area include: City Riverfront Park: tennis courts, basketball courts, walking paths and green space; City Marina/Public Moorage/Transient Tie-up; recreational boat launch; Days in the Park; Columbia River Fishing (salmon & steelhead, sturgeon, walleye).