Sublimity is located in Marion County, two miles north of Stayton and 12 miles south of Silverton along Cascade Hwy. The town is also 15 miles southeast of Salem along Highway 22, amid gently rolling hills and land that is well-suited for agriculture.
Two public parks offer playground equipment, picnic areas, jogging trails, tennis court, ball diamond, and barbeque facilities. A bicycle path connects Sublimity with Stayton.
The Sublimity area before 1840 was a vast forest, interspersed by Indian trails and shimmering mountain streams. Sublimity had its beginning as an outgrowth of an Indian village or trading post before 1846.
Around 1852, the area served as a convenient gathering place for pioneers and had a primitive store. In September 1852 a post office was established and the town got its official name. Early settler James Denny, gave Sublimity its name because of the fine vista and sublime scenery in the hills around the town.
Sublimity is part of the Salem, Oregon metro area.