This mansion was completed in 1857 and is one of Newport's oldest summer cottages. The residence is noted for its fine Italian architecture. The present mansion duplicates the original 1852 Andrew Jackson Downing structure, destroyed by fire in 1855. Guided living-history tours feature Beechwood Theater Company actors in period dress. The 45-minute tour visits the ballroom, bedrooms, servants' quarters, dining room and kitchen. Open daily; extended hours May through October. Hours may vary February-April; call for schedule. Last tour at closing.