The Jacob Kelley House was built around 1820 by landowner and farmer, Jacob Kelley. It was originally a small one-story log cabin. Over the years, it was weather boarded, an upstairs was added, and the width was doubled.
During the Civil War, the house was taken over by federal forces as headquarters for two days. Living history demonstrations are organized by the Jacob Kelley Guild. Cooking demonstrations, guided tours, and cannon fire excite the guests who attend these special events.
The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is open to the public on the first Sunday, March through December (Christmas Open House), from 3:00 until 5:00 p.m. It is located about three miles west of Hartsville on Highway S-16-12 in the Kelleytown Community.