The town of Churchbridge is situated about 54 km southeast from the city of Yorkton, Saskatchewan. With a population of about 1000 people, Churchbridge is conveniently located on the #16 Yellowhead highway, as well as the #8, from Kamsack to Moosimin, and the #80 to Esterhazy.
Churchbridge began with the arrival of settlers from the Anglican Colonization Society, with director and missionary Rev. Robert Bridger. In 1887, the society combined the word "church" from the name of the society, and the name "bridge" in recognition of Rev. Robert Bridger, one of its prominent directors, to name the new settlement "Churchbridge".