Daniel Fish Hatchery is located in a very scenic region, in a valley between the west slope of the Wind River Mountains
and the east slope of the Wyoming Range. The land for this operation was donated to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department by Mr and Mrs William Pape in 1917. The facility was completed in 1923 and expansions were added on in 1966. Two springs provide three million gallons of water per day at an average of 45 degrees F. This facility takes care of incubating grayling and golden trout eggs, both taken from lakes in the Wind River Mountains
. The hatchery also rears rainbow and brook trout and maintains brood stock for the Colorado River cutthroat and Bonneville cutthroat trout.
Fishing is available on the Green River acesses provided above Orin Bridge or off the county road a mile above the hatchery.