Hydaburg is the largest Haida Indian village in Alaska, located on the southwest coast of Prince of Wales Island
, close to the State Ferry landing.
Three Haida villages combined in 1911 at the present site for their children to attend school. The area was designated the Hydaburg Indian Reservation in 1912, and later restored to its former status as part of the Tongass National Forest.
There is a totem park in the village which was developed in the 1930s.
Hydaburg has a fishing-based economy. Roads lead to Craig, Hollis, and Klawock. There is a dock and small boat harbor in town.