The Japanese Tower and the Chinese House are located on the estate of the Belgian Royal Residence
. They were erected at the behest of King Leopold II for the occasion of the 1900 World's Fair of Paris. The two buildings are constructed in the monumental styles of their respective countries of origin. The structural work was performed by European architects and builders; the decoration was executed by Japanese and Chinese specialists. They have been open to the public since 1913. In 1946 collections of fine Japanese and Chinese pottery and furniture were added to augment the buildings' architectural and decorative appeal.
The Japanese Tower and the Chinese House are administered by the Royal Museums of Art and History.
Phone: +32 / 02 268 16 08