The military utility of the castle of Lavaux Sainte Anne, built in 1450 with towers, a moat fed by a nearby river, and heavy walls, was gone by 1630, when improvements in artillery technology made castle fortifications far less effective. That's when Baron de Rouveroy renovated the property, pulling down one of the walls, transforming it from a closed square to an open horseshoe. Today, the former fortress is home to two museums. The Museum of Nature and Hunting features stuffed trophies and installations examining European animal habitats. The Museum of the Countryside and Folklore is dedicated to local history and legend.
Phone: +32 / 084/38 83 62
Fax: +32 / 084/38 73 02