Hotel Hope was built on a steep hillside, overlooking Lake Pend Oreille in 1897. On the outside the second story of each bay has two pairs of double-hung sash windows and in addition, the east bay contains a segmental arched door centered between the window pairs. The first three floors have almost solid glass fronts with identical large-paned windows filling the area from the ceiling to about two feet above the floor. Upstairs, the original room configuration remains in the east, and center bays with twelve rooms. All three sections have the original stamped metal ceilings. In addition the center section contains the original wooden bar.