Founded: 1876, Population: 3688, Elevation: 1700 ft.
Lyons is located in Rice County (county seat). The town is west of McPherson along Highway 56 near Great Bend.
The Coronado-Quivira Museum is one of the best small museums in Kansas. 4 miles west of Lyons, beside highway US 56, a monument is set to Father Juan de Padilla killed by Indians in the 16th century.
Special Events in Lyons:
- Lyons Festival in May is filled with activities: bike races, a street dance, and a talent show
- Arts & Crafts Fair - 4th Saturday in September
- Veterans' Day Parade - November 11, 10:30am
- Lighting the Square and Santa arrives! - Friday after Thanksgiving
- Lighted Christmas Parade - 2nd Saturday in December
History Coronado-Quivira Museum |
Residential and Commercial Real Estate Double H Auction and Realty |
See more Kansas Cities and Towns.
04/23 Coming to The area
Wild West Festival Hays City KS July3-6 A typical Kansas fair -- parade, big name music stars, games, demonstrations, competitions and shows, including fireworks.
Dodge City Days Dodge City KS July26-August4 The 10-day celebration hosts more than 50 events including Q-97 FM DODGE CITY DAYS COUNTRY Concert,
the top-rated Dodge City Days Rodeo,
a 2-day Indoor Craft show with over 200 crafters from a 10-state area,
Professional Barbecue Contest.
Kansas State Fair Hutchinson KS September6-15 Each year, over 400,000 visitors flock to the Kansas State Fair to visit a wide array of exhibits, partake in fabulous Fair food, and see the amazing butter sculpture.