This community oriented liberal arts institution was founded in 1872, became a 4-yr college in 1923 and a university in 1991. It is independent and co-educational. Three campuses offer undergraduate programs in four schools, as well as graduate degrees and an honors program. The main campus is located adjacent to, and accessed via, I40. The St Charles campus is accessed via I70 and a Southwest campus is accessed via I255.