Located on First East Street, this mansion was built in 1856 by Duff Green, a wealthy merchant. The mansion was used simultaneously as a Confederate and Union hospital during the siege of Vicksburg
. During one of five attacks on the house, Mary Green gave birth to a son in a nearby shelter and named him Siege. The restored Palladian mansion, now a bed and breakfast, is furnished with antiques including a chandelier from 1730.
Open daily 9am-5pm. The 12,000-square-foot Duff Green Mansion is considered one of the finest examples of Palladian architecture in Mississippi. The property has 5 total guest accommodations with private bath, 5 with fireplaces and 2 conference rooms