White Sulphur Springs is located in Meagher County
70 miles north of Livingston
on US 89 at US 12 on the banks of the Smith River near Lake Sutherlin. Weathered homes and outbuildings at the near by ghost town of Castle are all that remain of the 1880's silver mining boom. Also in the area is the blockhouse at Fort Logan, a frontier military site northwest of town.