This 7200-acre working cattle ranch and living-history museum was established in 1894 by pioneering ranch Arthur Bowring and his second wife, U.S. Senator Eve Bowring, as the Bar 99 Ranch. It was maintained by them until 1985.
The ranch house, visitor center and outbuildings contain displays devoted to the Bowrings' lives and careers. The house tour focuses on the time when Eve was a U.S. senator, member of the U.S. Board of Parole, and her years as a rancher.