Regional West Medical Center opened its doors on April 5, 1924 and admitted its first patients. The 60 bed facility was established as a non-profit general hospital by the Northwest Conference of the Methodist Church.
In 1967 the hospital moved to its current location at 4021 Avenue B and expanded to 117 beds. In 1977, Regional West acquired St. Mary Hospital, increasing the number of hospital beds to 279. Today, the two combined facilities serve an eleven-county area in Western Nebraska and a two-county area in eastern Wyoming, with a total population of over 120,000.
Regional West is unconditionally accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations whose member organizations include the American College of Physicians, the American College of Surgeons, the American Hospital Association, and the American Medical Association. Regional West is also a member of Voluntary Hospitals of America and is a partner in VHA-Mountain States.