Part of the University of Nebraska system, this college was founded in 1869 as a land-grant facility. There are 9 undergraduate schools and 1 graduate school. The 616 acre campus is in an urban area 55 miles southwest of Omaha
. Including residence halls there are 236 buildings.
Fraternities, sororities and over 335 clubs and organizations are on campus. Campus tours are available.